For those of you that don't know, I'm about to start teaching at a new school in a new state. I will be still be teaching high school math to students with special needs, but those special needs are not necessarily deafness or blindness. I am very excited to work with a math department as opposed to one other colleague (even though she was fabulous). All in all, though, it's a lot of transition.
Here are some things I have learned in the process:
- I'm not as good at transitioning as I like to think I am
- I have a difficult time making any kinds of decisions when there are so many unanswered questions and uncertainties ahead
- It's really difficult to transfer certifications between states
- I'm not sure I entirely know what I'm getting into, but I'm still excited
- I am *not* a detail person
I went to a workshop hosted by the district I'll be working in. It was great to collaborate with teachers from the different schools and create materials. I should get back to working on my post-workshop assignment, but I hope to start up blogging again this year.